Thursday, August 7, 2008

10th Anniversary

Last Friday was Lorelei and my 10th wedding anniversary. We had planned to go to Door County to a posh resort for four days, but and "emergency" wedding to Fargo took care of that. We were sad for a couple weeks, but we tried to look at our alternative plans as a good thing. Our child care was still in place, so we decided to have a "staycation". The new buzzword of the summer. We would live like we used to before we had kids. We had a GREAT time. We went out for lunch, had shots before noon at said lunch, traveled a bit, went out for a nice dinner at a restaurant in the woods overlooking a lake..... We had a great time. At our fancy dinner our waitress asked what we were all smiley about. We told her it was our 10th wedding anniversary and we were celebrating. It really is great when other people (strangers) can see how happy and in love a couple is. It was really special that she mentioned that. We are still as in love as we have always been, but we have 10 years of life together and two beautiful children that deepen the love beyond words.

Saturday I went out for a 45 miler but had to cut it a bit short as I broke another wheel. I would like to say it was because of my massive, powerful legs, but it is probably from my spare tire. During this ride, Lorelei wrote the kindest words that have every been written (about me at least) to describe us. The words will remain private, but it chokes me up even now thinking about them.

Peace

cd

1 comment:

Crescent said...

oh man! I love you guys so much! Happy Anniversary!