Monday, August 11, 2008

2+2=4

Four hours on the bikes this weekend. It would have been more like five but I blew up my derailleur on Saturday about 15 miles from the finish of my expected route. The top pulley just fell out, no chain tension, no ride. Lorelei and the kids came to rescue dad. Saturday night Lorelei's family came over and we had a beautiful day outside chatting, grilling, playing....just having a great time and taking advantage of the beautiful day. Sunday morning I got two hours on the 29er single speed. I really love that bike, and I will love it more once I get the right rear cog. When I bought the bike I was running a 20t, a short time later I put a 17t cog on, and last night I put a 16t cog on. I don't do a lot of hills with the bike, so I don't think that gearing will be too big. I might even go down lower. I did my first single track of the summer yesterday and it felt great. I even crashed! I am on a single speed bender on the island from now until school starts again in three and a half weeks.

Peace

cd

No comments: