Friday, August 15, 2008

A decent proposal

My old friend Murf emailed me this week with an interesting proposal. He lives in St Paul and he was wondering if I would be interested in a bike trip from his house to his parent's place on a lake in SE North Dakota. COUNT ME IN! That would rock. I am starting the diet for the quest right away. The only thing I should need for such and adventure is some touring tires, panniers, and lots of tubes. Minnesota has some rails to trails pathways that are totally paved. There is one that goes from St. Cloud to Fergus Falls. This is the trail that we would take. At Fergus Falls turn due West and about 70 miles later we would be golden. We are too old to haul camping gear and sleep on the ground. This will be a hotel trip. Lorelei and I also talked about doing triathlons next year, and Murf and I want to do the 12 hour version of 24-9. Chequamegon too if the opportunity presents itself. Ambitious yes, will I do all of it, no, but it is really FUN to think about.

Peace

cd

No comments: