Friday, August 8, 2008

Interview?

The question of the day here is, "Do you have an interview or something?" I must really dress like a schlub or something. As my first external task of being the marketing director, I have to go get proofs made of my first attempt at a marketing campaign (direct mailing to existing and former clients). I didn't come to work today in jeans, t-shirt, and hiking boots. Get used to it, I won't be in the laboratory that much anymore (only when difficult situations arise), so I can look a bit nicer now. In other work news, I had to reprimand a staff member yesterday for careless work. My boss got invovled and it was a bit uncomfortable, but I guess thats whats expected from management. Work has been great as of late, but I fear I am wearing too many hats here...Clinical Lab Supervisor, Director of Marketing, Safety Officer, Lead Assay Designer, and Regulatory Affairs Director. I spend about an hour and a half on each task and I could use a break from some of them. Our external inspection is coming this fall and there is a lot of work to do to prepare. We have been warning the boss, but he has said he will take care of it. This week he told me he is going to start delegating some of these tasks (complete ALL of them) so the rest of this summer and this fall my two main tasks will be Regulatory Affairs and Marketing. I guess this is what I wanted?

peace

cd

No comments: