Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New training partners!

I picked up two new training partners last night. They told me that whenever I want to ride they will go with me, just call them and we're off. Luckily Maddy and Edison live in our house. I hooked up Maddy's tag along to my commuter bike, and then I hooked up Edison's trailer to Maddy's tag along. It was like the Dokken train. We went out for our inaugural ride last night. I was just thinking it would be a quick spin around the block as I only had flip flops on. We ended up doing about 10 miles at 16 mph. Maddy just kept giggling. We went through some of the green circle and she loves the trails. I remember going through single track with her in the trailer and she loved it. I just tell her to hang on and not peddle through that stuff. She is incredibly strong. I figured that there is almost 400 pounds of people/hardware in our train, and when I stop peddling at 15 mph she can make us accelerate. I had dreams of a mixed tandem at Chequamegon for a while. Her personality is just like mine, daredevil, competitive, inquisitive, and shy. Edison just sat in his trailer looking at everything blur by. He looked like he was having a good time. I figure two nights per week with all three of us plus one day on the weekend might give us some good times together and give Lorelei some much needed time to herself! Everyone wins! Now if I can just get the kids to say "WWhheeeeeeeeeeee" when we go bombing down the hills everything would be great!

Peace

cd

No comments: