Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It starts...

First off, I am building a 0.5 mile short track in the pine savanna in the back. I burned off about 30 minutes back there tonight after a short warm up on the 29er and for the first time in a long time my legs were numb and throbbing.....in other words, GOOD TIMES.

Secondly, we have colds here. Just in time for school to start. It doesn't seem too bad so hopefully it will come and go without incident.

Next...Congratulations to Jessica and Paul on the birth of their son Josiah! It kind of makes me want to procreate again!

Next...my first big contract fell into my lap today. The party involved will send a rough proposal tomorrow and if it looks reasonable we will enter negotiations soon and I will have my first contract with an external firm. It makes me want to get going on the marketing and sales. When this position was first presented to me, it wasn't supposed to be full time until January. After talking to our main business advisor/investor last week. I told the advisor how excited I was to tackle this new responsibility and he was pleased that I was directing these efforts. He took my boss out to lunch today and they must have talked about me. My boss talked to me after this lunch and told me that he has been thinking about my position in the company and he said the sky could be the limit as far as compensation goes. I am sure he will try to stiff me, but I am glad I am getting the opportunity to add sales/marketing to my resume!

Lastly, the coursework websites for the fall semester became active today. At first glance it doesn't seem like a lot of work, but that remains to be seen. The only thing that I REALLY don't like is getting these assignments 9 days before class starts. I have like 200 pages of reading to do, I have to find a paper on drug target development, and then I have to watch these leadership videos and make decisions wit these different scenarios. The classes look interesting and for once the lab won't be a cakewalk.

peace

cd

No comments: