Sunday, April 20, 2008

Oh what a night

I went for my first night ride this evening. It wasn't much. I took the single 29er out for a quick 45 minute ride to clear the head. I find these rides to be the most rewarding rides. The day was beautiful, but tonight was even nicer. It didn't seem that I would ever get out for a ride today. I was going to take one when e went down for a nap. E didn't nap, there was too much fun to be had outside watching dad cut down a big maple. Every time I would stop cutting he would say "STOP". I don't know if he liked it or if he was scared, but the yard looks nicer without the half dead maple looming over the garden. It was a busy day. L was in zen mode with her leaf blowing. She really likes it, and everything looks better after it is done. We started the day out for breakfast, went to Menard's after that, got the MPV washed and filled up, and then came home and went to work on the yard. Tomorrow I have to plant some more grass seed and lay down some mulch over it, and then water the piss out of it for a week or so. We took a break and had a snack, and then went back for more. By the time i got the tree cut down, it was almost 6:30. We piled into the MPV and got some BK. We ate, got the babies washed, and watched some TV. I went out about 10pm and got back around 11. I have to get up early and go back to work tomorrow, but the bike ride was WORTH IT. It is a total bonus that this happened in April!

cheers

No comments: