Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mud

After a pretty productive day at work, I came home thinking that I would have the house to myself and get out for a ride. M and M were at dance and E was supposed to be at Grandpa and Grandma's house. I got home and E was here with grandpa......Change of plans. I will always choose to stay here with E. He is great! We had Cousin's subs for dinner, went for a drive and brought some stuff back to the library. We got home around 7....still time to bang out a ride before it gets dark and I have to hook the lights up. I got dressed in record time and went out for one hour. It was my first ride through the woods this year. I am still hacking up lung nuggets, so I couldn't go that hard, but I am so out of shape that it seemed like I was going up Firetower hill at Chequamegon. There was a lot of mud, and it was unavoidable, and it was GLORIOUS! I think I am a single speeder now. I love the way I feel on the new bike, and the huge (2.4 x 29) wheels hook up on everything. I can climb (pretty flat around here) pretty well with it. I am running a 32x16 on it right now, and I may want to try to go 34x16 on it after I get into shape.

After the ride, I got home and the fam was watching Willy Wonka (the old one). Apparently E has a thing for the oompa loompas and thier songs. Maybe he will go to clown college after all.

cheers

No comments: