Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lack of Motivation

I find that as the closer I get to the end of school, the less motivated I am at work. My major project is complete. The final deliverable has to be proofread and edits made, but other than that I am done (oh yeah, there will be a chance to make yet another ass of myself presenting my portion of the data! FUN!). The motivation is so bad that I am actually blogging in my office, as I am sure many other people do. I used to really care about this place, but now I am kind of just drifting. Last semester, I let my family kind of go by the wayside and my school and work were the priorities. I learned that was STUPID. Never let the family take a back seat to anyone or anything, especially your WIFE! Lesson learned. I slack off at work now and try to be more plugged in at home.

No riding yet to report in my "riding and training" blog. Too sick, too much to do, no time to do it. May 5th I start riding, and losing 40 pounds before I go back to school on September 4th. If those fat asses on Biggest Loser can lose 164 pounds in five months, I think I could lose 40 pounds of fluffiness in one summer of riding and playing and gardening and building projects and hiking and kayaking......you get the point. I am going to always take on at least 40g of whey protein after riding or exercising, eat a low carb diet most of the time, and mess it all up with normal pig out eating on the weekends. It is crazy, and if it works I will publish these blogs, make a million dollars, and slack off on my own time (not work here anymore!).

Cheers

No comments: