Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fancy

I wore a killer suit with a killer tie to work today. I have one short sales meeting this afternoon, followed by a killer Halloween concert Maddy doesn't know I am attending. The reason for wearing the suit is threefold. First, I have a sales call and I want to represent our company well. Second, I want my boss to think that I am capable of leaving and working for a better firm (wouldn't take much). Third, I want Maddy to see me at the concert and be proud that I am her father. I was very proud of my father. He worked hard and had the light blue shirt with the dark blue pants to prove it. He would often come to my practices with his blues on and hang with me and my friends. It may be shallow and all, but I want my kid's memories of me to include daddy coming to my first grade Halloween concert and he was the best dressed person there. I am going to graduate school primarily to provide a much better life for my wife and children than I had. It wouldn't take much, and for the most part I already do. But in my opinion, if you aren't aiming higher you are just sinking!

Peace

cd

No comments: