Monday, October 27, 2008

I tried

I always do this. At school I write these really aggressive homework and exercise schedule and then I don't get them done. I was at the library yesterday for over three hours but I didn't get much written. I have to get geared up for the last part of the semester. I have two case studies, one 3000 word paper, two presentations, one discussion board posting, and one group project left to do. That is a lot to do in six weeks, so I suppose I won't be seeing much of the family in the next few weeks. Short term sacrifice, long term gains I guess. That doesn't make me miss them less. More time spent at the library should make this stuff go faster.

The weekend was great. Lorelei and I attacked the housework like we used to before I went back to school yesterday. I some sick twisted way it was fun. I got a new tie to go with the navy suit I got last week for business meetings. I need to find a good tailor as I have three suits that need alterations. It can be expensive doing sales.

One last note. I applied for a technical sales job yesterday selling molecular diagnostic assays for a large, well established firm. The base is what I am making now plus bonuses and commissions doubling that. We could have a lot more choices in life with that kind of coin. I would miss the hell out of the family, but the opportunities that come with a job like that would be worth it for a few years. I could gain experience in the field, and then leverage that into pharma sales that were more local and would still allow me to work from my home.

Wish me luck!

peace
cd

No comments: