Thursday, October 23, 2008

I can't take much more of this

So I was talking to a sales rep from a VERY LARGE genetic testing company. In the conversation I found out she was going to be in town next week. I told her she should stop by and we could meet, maybe I could learn stuff from her. In the course of the conversation I asked her if she would be interested in setting up a contract where we could be the reference lab for her organization. The firm she represents is a multi billion dollar firm. She would be very interested in a collaboration and her regional business manager is going to be with her at this meeting. I have everything set up for Tuesday morning next week. I was so excited. I told my boss about it and he SHIT ALL OVER IT! He is afraid of success and growth because then he will not be able to control everything. FUCK HIM! I am going to negotiate a contract that meets our goals and theirs, and then when I show it to him and he balks I can say we are not growing because of him, not me.

He also told me to look into becoming a WI Medical Assistance provider. He said it would be difficult as it is run from Washington DC. I shouldn't have to explain to my boss that WI MA is a federally mandated state run organization.

I really need a new job.

peace

cd

No comments: