Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What a weekend

We had the best weekend ever this last weekend. Friday night I got home and went right to work on the jungle gym. I went from step 22 to step 45! All I had left to do was the swing attachment and the installation of the accessories. Saturday morning we met L's sister for breakfast where I had the greek skillet. Gyro meat, feta cheese, tomatoes, onions on top of hash browns with two over easy eggs on top. I didn't talk to anyone as I was in a breakfast trance. Once I came up for air, I dug into my pancakes. I knew I would be going through a lot of calories so I didn't mind the HUGE breakfast. After b'fast, Jo Jo took the kids for the day and L and I went to Kmart to get some Craftsman tools and then to Mendards to get a couple of accessories for the jungle gym. We got home and went to work. I finished the playset, L got her garden in, and then we got a call that the kids both wanted to come home and play on their new toy. We cleaned up, got an early dinner at Chili's (I know, cliche'd. The spotted cow called me.) We had a great dinner, a couple of beers, and then we went to pick up the kids. They loved the new playset, and giggled for two hours. E loved the telescope and calls himself a pirate every time he uses it. The new sod is already dead at the end of the slide, but I don't mind. Sunday morning I got to work on the gardening. I moved about 12 hostas and installed about 12 bushes, laid 10 bags of mulch and cleaned up. I fertilized the lawn, watered everything, and called it a day!

Monday we had L's family over for memorial day. The kids and I played and L did some cooking. I had a few beers (when the spotted cow hits your lips, it's so good!) The weather was perfect! 77 degrees, windy to keep the mosquitoes down, I wouldn't change a thing! I even got 1:20 in on the bike on the north half of the green circle. There was a land dispute, so one of my favorite parts of the north half is no longer accessible. I will not be going that way any more.

P90X starts tonight. I will be wiped out tonight.

peace
cd

No comments: