Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Still not that fast

The stage was set. I am done with school for the summer. The wind was out of the southwest at around 10mph. Not a cloud in the sky. Seventy five degrees, and time to unwind. I had my first road ride of the year today. I know, it's late, but I have been busy. I was worried that it would take three hours to do my west of Marshfield 20 mile loop. I got it done in one hour and 15 minutes. Not bad. My legs were mushy after, and my bike/human interface could use some work, but it felt pretty good. I have absolutely no endurance, but I was able to keep a 30mph pace with a minimal headwind on a flat road. It is a place to start. I will ride as much as the work around the house allows for the next couple of weeks. Next week I start chugging SlimFast! YUMMY! They aren't that bad actually. The only thing that sucks is that I am going out on rides with the INTENTION of bonking. The difference between me and other angry bitter little men is that I have several extra pounds of energy stored. That doesn't make it feel any better. I will keep track of my rides and activity with the blog, so the entries will be short, sweet, and to the point.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I got an A for my individual presentation in BioOps. It was a far cry better than my freeze up last semester. I got comments like comfortable and at ease, good voice, good contact with audience, and informative and credible manufacturing plan. Depending on where the cutoff is for AB and A, I might go 4.0 this semester. Grades come out next week.

peace

cd

No comments: