Sunday, May 18, 2008

Priorities

I got my grades today. MTII A BioOps AB. When I first saw these I was crushed. All of the stress, pain, anxiety of the semester came back in ONE BIG HIT! I was miserable. I wanted to crawl in a hole and feel sorry for myself. Then M came to me and wanted some cereal, and E was right behind her. Slowly I became aware of my self loathing and doubt and realize that I am a good father, and that that AB in BioOps doesn't matter. I realize that I am working full time, spending two hours a day in the car, remaining plugged in to my beautiful family and I don't care about the A either. I am going back to school to provide a better life for my family. My priorities really became clear to me as I was actually having a conversation with E while he was trying to go potty in his fancy potty chair. Then I realize I am getting better grades than I ever have in my entire life and this last semseter I spent time with the family and wasn't a stranger to my wife and kids. My priorities are correct. I love that I got an AB in BioOps, and I wouldn't change it for anything!

peace

cd

No comments: