Wednesday, May 21, 2008

She is my Rushmore

I had the day "off" yesterday. L and I had a meeting about M and school. She didn't get into the GT program, but she is on the radar and her teachers are going to work extra hard to keep her challenged. I am kind of glad they won't be pulling her out of class next year. She is high strung like her father and that kind of disruption could be emotionally damaging to her. The meeting was short and we were home before 9. Then the real fun comes! I gathered my tools, set out all of the package inserts, and started to build the playset for the kids. L and E came out to help, and E was a great big help. I was hoping to get it at least 80% complete yesterday, but I am on step 18 out of 50 on the instructions. Tonight I will build the climbing wall and the roof, and maybe tomorrow night get the swing up and the slide attached. Hopefully Friday I can finish it and then Saturday, I can't wait. Mary Jo is taking the kids after we all meet up for breakfast. By then, the playset will be complete, the garden will be in, and we will have few commitments. I feel a bike ride coming! Probably Green Circle and all of the associated single track, probably on the geared bike as I am incredibly sore from all of this building. The project has become my core workout.

I am preparing to start the Power90X on Monday, and then hopefully 90 days later I will have success.

peace

cd

No comments: