Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A new year

I used to not look forward to New Years, and all of the resolutions, planning, and excitement it brought. I thought my future was cloudy at best, without a lot of hope for an easier and more rewarding life. This notion started to change 15 years ago in Minneapolis. I remember telling myself in an alcohol induced reflection moment that the past was the past and I will only live in the future. Several days later I would meet the love of my life and would never look back again.

The uncertainty of things outside my relationship with Lorelei still existed, and slowly as our family grew and my career took off these uncertainties have dropped by to where I am today. I look forward to each and every day, week, month, and year. These new days bring new opportunities for love and growth.

Friday, January 1st, will bring with it a new list of resolutions:

1. Lose my remaining 30 pounds and get back to a healthy weight.
2. Find new employment that challenges me in a positive way.
3. Take our family on a vacation that is well deserved.
4. Take life on head first and use every presented opportunity to it's fullest.
5. Play with my kids more.

2009 had challenges that we overcame, but in 2010 we make our luck, and we kick ass!

peace
cd

No comments: