Thursday, July 3, 2008

AARRRGGGHHHHH!

In less than a month from now, my lovely wife and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. She has been my soul mate, the love of my life, my muse, my partner, my friend, and my counsel. I had planned a wonderful vacation for the two of us in Sturgeon Bay for four days and three nights. Just the two of us like it used to be. It was going to be wonderful and we were already excited about the trip.........You can feel it coming can't you! MY BROTHER CALLS........"Uhh Chuck, we have a date", he mumbled. I asked a date for what. "We're getting married July 25th...we think, we're almost sure." What the fuck am I supposed to do with this information? That is one week before my love and I were supposed to go have some unterrupted us time and forget about jobs, kids, family, bills, yardwork and just be "Chuck and Lorelei". I faked the big brother happiness and told him that we were happy for him and Cindy, but inside I was devastated. I knew that in this economy, we could never pack up the fam and go to Fargo one weekend and then the next weekend pay close to $1K for a honeymoon suite. Needless to say, last night was not fun at our house. Both L and I were very sad, as we were so looking forward to our little vacation. I owe everything to my wife. Life before her was good, busy, and uninteresting. Life after Lorelei has been rich, interesting, funny, warm, loving, and excellent. I wanted to bring her on this vacation to thank her for just putting up with me and my insanity (and the total insanity of my "Fargo family"). We still have the care for the kids lined up, so we will make our 10th a "staycation" and have some fun!

So we will be going to Fargo in three weeks, and in the same day we will meet Cindy and watch her get married to Jim. Our visitwill be brief. We will be in Fargo for about 40 hours to go to the wedding, go out for dinner afterwards, meet our new family members, have the kids play with Grandma Gaylen, go to bed, and then come home on Saturday. We will make the best of it for sure. It will be fun?!

Peace,
CD

No comments: