Sunday, June 1, 2008

Stickin it to the man!

In my futile attempt at disrupting the oil/gas/auto industry, I am going to start commuting to work as much as I can (once per week for a couple of weeks, then two times per week through the end of the summer). I started this spur of the moment on Friday. It wasn't even good weather for this. Cross winds, temps in the mid 60's, and a light misty rain. When given the choice between bball and riding home I chose riding home. I mapped out a new course (45 miles) that allowed me to ride on US10 for only 400m. Considering that the longest I have been out this year was 20 miles, the ride went pretty well. My legs and lungs held up, but my neck and ass were killing me by the time I got home. When I go back tomorrow I will load up with butt butter, that should help. It took 2:22 to get home. The ride through point was very low key as I needed a cool down. I got home, changed clothes and went to the YMCA with the family and went for a swim. It was just what I needed. We went out for a fish fry (12 ounces of baked haddock! yum! Yesterday we had some old friends and their kids come over for a BBQ. I mowed the sod for the first time yesterday. It used to take me about 10 minutes to mow the lawn, now it takes over 45 minutes. Anyway, the hard work is paying off. The front yard looks like a putting green from a ways and when you get closer it sill looks pretty good!

Today has been spent taking care of the family as Lorelei isn't feeling well. I love to take care of the kids. I made french toast at Maddy's request. E just wanted cereal and fruit. I am not going to try to talk him into eating dessert for breakfast (french toast).

Work seems to be getting a little better. My boss threw me a couple bones last week and told me he didn't want to lose me when I am done with school. Pay me and treat me better. Pretty simple. I will expect at least a 20% raise when I am done and I want some authority to make and execute decisions. Simple plan, hard for some people to let go of control.

have a good week

cd

No comments: