Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dream Vacation in the Dells

There is this song by the gear daddies called dream vacation. It is about packing up the car with the kids and going to the dells for vacation. Tomorrow morning the Dokken's will go on our first vacation by ourselves as a foursome. To celebrate m being done with school we are heading out to the Kalahari. It should be a good time. It will be E's second time in a water park. The first time he was pretty nervous but he is really intrigued by the slide at the YMCA.

Work was, well.....work was work last week. It is hard to concentrate with two windows in my office. When our building is finished this fall I will be moving into a new office without windows. I will welcome the move as I should be able to concentrate better. Our boss is still a moron, but my group is totally on one page and we are working as hard as we can.

No bike rides this week as I was recovering from last weekends efforts. I did go out for a quick 20 miler on the mountain bike. I changed out the big 2.2s to some 1.8s and I can really feel the difference. While out on the green circle, I noticed large groups of people walking. I slowed down to find out what was going on...Walk across america or something like that. I bet I saw over two hundred walkers enjoying the green circle. The circle isn't much for mountain biking, but it is an opportunity to get out into nature without leaving the city. There are a few good singletrack spurs to go on, but in large part it is just a long gravel grinder. The green circle is one of the many reasons that I don't want to leave Point when I graduate from my program. I have started talking to my boss about potential positions for me when I am done. He may give me a position that he thinks is good, but I KNOW that I have the skills to run the entire organization. He told me about the things I would be responsible for (things I do now!). I will have a heart attack when I show him the average salary of graduates of my program. There is an adjustment to Stevens Point dollars, but the average salary is over $93,000. I can't wait to show him the data. He also told me last week that because I wasn't a pretty girl, I probably wouldn't be successful at sales. In our line of work being a pretty girl doesn't make a laboratory or doctor send us a test that isn't offered anywhere else in the world.

Well, I should have a picture or two to post of our vacation next week.

peace

cd

No comments: