Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Trail Building in My Backyard

The past three years I have been riding in the field in the back over some paths that my father-in-law mows. Last night I grabbed a mower and started mowing paths for myself with some gnarly turns for mountain biking. There is no climbing, no rocks, and it's not very techie. It does however, give me a place to go anaerobic for short workouts and I don't have to take a phone with me. I will try to get it respectable by the end of the year with log piles, berms, and some actual single track sections. Right now it is about a half mile long and I don't think it could get much bigger. One half has lots of turning through pines and the other half is wide open with a half oval. I am going out tonight for the inaugural ride and look for other ways to build it up. I am a horrible technical rider and if I can build some skills slaloming and going over log piles maybe I could do some races again. I hope to have more work done this weekend and pictures up by next week.

peace

cd

No comments: