Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let's Catch Up...

I got my grades from semester III today...A in Early Drug Discover, A in Molecular Technologies III, AB in Business of Biotechnology. I'll gladly take that after the rough start in the business course. One semester and then I am done. Thank God. I am enjoying the intersemester break and catching up with the family. We have settled into our groove again, and there isn't much else in this world that I would rather do.

Work is work, and I don't see it changing any time soon. I have been getting phone calls and emails with invitations to apply for new jobs. I have no doubt, even in this crappy economy that I will be able to find a job that gives me at least a 50% raise, nice benefits, and potentially working out of my home. There are two front runners right now. One job would be in Madison (I might get a small apartment down there) as a product manager for a drug discovery tools firm. The other job is a Field Applications Consultant for a large applied sciences company. This one would be great as I could work from my house, get a company car, and do some (50% max travel) traveling. Collecting frequent flier miles while working is always a plus.

Health wise, the last week has been brutal. I went into Afib again last weekend, and had to be electrically converted yesterday. Every muscle in my body is sore as the electricity flexed everything. The good news is that I have scheduled my catheter ablation surgery for January 8th. I should be back to full strength before I go back to school. I have been pushing for this for several years, and now the afib has gotten bad enough that I am finally a candidate. The worst thing about the afib isn't me, it is how much I let down Lorelei and the kids. I can work a full day at work, but I come home and just hold a couch down. I can't help with the kids, housework, homework....anything. Soon, this will be a thing of the past.

I have a lot to say lately, so I will try to write a little more as the semester break goes.

peace

cd

No comments: